Me

Me

Friday, October 17, 2014

19 Weeks

How far along: 19 Weeks



How big is baby: The size of a Heirloom Tomato (I don’t like this description haha)
Total weight gain: Same!!!! Around 12 lbsish
Sleep:  Well last week my body decided to retreat and I caught the stomach bug that everyone had. It wasn’t fun at all and for a couple nights I got no sleep. Baby girl didn’t make it any easier by deciding to squirm and move around while I had chills and tried to sleep. Otherwise sleep has actually been just fine.
Best moment of the week: Ryan’s birthday and seeing our little girl again! Last night was my husbands birthday, so as per request, I made him some carrot cake cupcakes and snickerdoodle ones. He has been sneaking cupcakes every time I turn my back now haha. I will hopefully have these recipes up the beginning of next week. I also had my 20 week ultrasound/appointment yesterday. We got to see our little girl and she is definitely growing!! Her little hands were either next to her head to in her mouth most of the time and we got an awesome shot of her nose and mouth (see below). A little less than 20 more weeks and I get to meet this beautiful girl!!!!!!!






Food Cravings:  It’s so random. This week I absolutely had to have a strawberry pop tart. I still haven’t been able to fulfill this craving, but it’s still there. I don’t normally eat them ever, so this is an odd one. Also mashed potatoes just sound amazing all the time…..
Food Aversions: The only thing I’ve noticed is the smell of anything containing breakfast sausage. Bella was eating a sausage a couple mornings ago and I almost gagged. The worst smell ever.
Symptoms: Ever since the stomach bug, my digestive tract isn’t up to par. I don’t have the same appetite and let’s just say prune juice might be at my desk…… Other than that I’m just getting huge.
Mood: Normal moodiness. Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe more sadness at looking at my kids and how big/old they are, they aren’t my little babies anymore (who’s kidding….they’ll always be my little babies, even in their 40’s).
Movement: Ryan has finally felt her move by putting his hand on my belly. She loves to put her feet really low and kick my lower abdomen/areas you don’t love feeling kicks. I can tell she moves all over the place at random times too. She hates when I cross my legs, so soon that will be retired.
What I’m looking forward to: This weekend!!! Ryan and I are going on a marriage retreat in Idaho. I can’t wait for a nice relaxing break, this should be really good for us.

Last thoughts: The nurse practitioner that went over my ultrasound said everything looked great, but did add one thing in the middle of telling me it looked good that I was a little concerned about. She said that normal placentas have the connection to the umbilical cord in the middle of the placenta, but mine is on the side. She said that it’s ok and can be normal, but we’ll just have to measure the growth each visit to make sure she keeps growing fine, but no no no don’t worry!!! It’s completely normal…. Obviously I am a little worried and she didn’t do a very good job explaining why having a cord connection on the side vs the front would make a difference in growth, so I’m asking: Have any of you experienced this (or someone you know)?

No comments:

Post a Comment