Me

Me

Friday, October 10, 2014

18 Weeks

How far along: 18 Weeks



How big is baby: The size of an Bell Pepper
Total weight gain: Not sure I avoid scales at all cost J
Sleep:  It had been going pretty well (other than normal waking up every time I roll over), until everyone in my household decided to get a 24 hour stomach bug. Let’s just say mama took care of everyone who woke up vomiting towards the end of this week.
Best moment of the week: We got to carve some pumpkins!! Unfortunately with the amazing 80 degree weather we have been having our pumpkins aren't looking so good now haha. I also finally succeeded in making a bread item that didn’t turn out awful. For how much I love to bake (and it generally turns out good), I’m the worst bread maker of all time. For some reason yeast and I don’t get along so well with baking. I may have made the world’s most basic roll, but dangit it was fluffy on the inside!!! Also bought my little girl a couple outfits….I can’t help it!!! I get excited.

Food Cravings:  This week I think my only craving has been for a pumpkin loaf from Starbucks, which hopefully my lovely sister will be bringing me today. Other than that I still hate eating. I wish I had a private chef, it would make meals so much easier.
Food Aversions: Nothing notable. Still the same mostly.  
Symptoms: Starting to get a little sore from being in the same position too long and having to pee a lot more.  
Mood: Had some emotional breakdowns last week, otherwise doing pretty good. Lots of exhaustion from being up all night taking care of people.
Movement: She’s a mover ladies and gentlemen. Her favorite times to go crazy are after I have consumed food or orange juice while I’m sitting at my desk at work, and after the kids are asleep while I’m sitting on the couch with Ryan watching TV (fall t.v is back!!!!!!).
What I’m looking forward to: Our 20 week appointment next week which happen to fall on Ryan’s birthday. I love birthdays. I enjoy spoiling people, so this upcoming Thursday should be a lot of fun. Baby girl even gets to say happy birthday to daddy via ultrasound!

To conclude I wanted to ask your opinion about something: Do you share the name of your upcoming child with the world before you have them, or do you wait till the day they arrive? With Bella and Ezra I always said the name the minute we found out the sex. I had no problem the first time around, most people (family included) liked the name and were encouraging. With Ezra I experienced a name thief who at the last minute named their child something rather similar to his full name, it sorta bummed me out. This time around I had shared her name with a couple people, only to have a couple family members voice their dislike of it very openly……yeah that didn’t make me too happy. I’ve now decided not to share her name until she’s born, as I’ve seen lots of people do currently. This way you can’t hate the name….you will see an adorable baby and just call her by her beautiful name and not have a second blink to it. What do you guys thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment